Lots of people find it rather puzzling when they need to choose the right “modem” that they are supposed to have. They don’t have an option as they need this specific gadget in order to be linked to the internet, make phone calls, stream video and upload, music and download information etc. They are not thinking about the technical nitty gritty and nuts and bolts of the modem. All they wish to do is to make sure that they buy the best modem and the modem works for them.
The entrance in this case typically refers to a modem that likewise supplies a router function. In a really simplistic term, what this indicates is that your “modem” is likewise capable of supplying WiFi.
The Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 Residential Entrance is an 8×4 advanced entrance product. The TG862 combines two analog voice lines, a 4-port Gigabit Router, and a 802.11 n wireless gain access to point into a single gadget efficient in supporting both home and little workplace applications. This feature loaded system will lead the future for innovative house and small workplace services. The TG862 uses full assistance for a variety of voice codecs, consisting of HD Voice support, as well as numerous call signaling techniques– NCS, Tradition SIP, and PacketCable 2.0 IMS.
– Permits customized developed setups to be used to monitor the end user more efficiently with numerous provisioning methods (SNMP, setup file, remote web GUI tftp, access, and tr-069).
– Versatility of configuration and control with numerous local and remote access levels (user, admin, and so on).
– Battery support (” G” variants) meet the new FCC Requirements for 8 hour hold up time. Longer trouble times readily available.
– RF Interface: ‘F’ type port
– Information Interfaces: 4 x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45 adapter).
– Voice Interface: 2 lines; RJ-14 (” Line 1/2″), RJ-11 (” Line 2″).
– USB User Interface; USB2.0.
– 802.11 b/g/n.
– 2×2 2.4 GHz 802.11 n Radio.
– WPA2TM Personal and Business, 64/ 128 bit WEP, and MAC authentication cordless security choices.
– WMM QOS, and WMM Power Save.
– Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6 Home Router, Fixed and Dynamic IP, DHCP, NAT, L2TP, VLAN’s and RIP.
– PacketCable 1.0 & 1.5.
– TG862A – DOCSIS 3.0
. -TG862S- DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS Dual Mode Support.
– TG862G -DOCSIS 3.0 with batter backup choices.
– Measurements TG862A/S (H x W x D): 8 x 8.2 x 2 inches- leaving out F-connector.
– Dimensions TG862G (H x W x D): 9 x 8.2 x 2 inches- excluding F-connector.
– Weight: 1lb no battery consisted of.
– Input Voltage: 115VAC-240VAC, 50/60 Hz internal PSU.
– Battery Capacity: 4 cell 2.2 AH Lithium-ion for 8 hours operation.
Exactly what do you get with the Arris TG862G?
Now you know the reasons that you should not purchase the Arris TG862, learn what you will get if you have it.
1. The experience of many owners is that the Arris TG862G is very quick even as they at the same time talk over the phone, download applications, streaming video or doing things over the web – this is on the assumption they are subscribed to the appropriate bandwidth package from their provider.
2. Link to two phone lines or like lots of people do, a phone and fax line; very convenient if you are in a SOHO environment.
3. That conserves you some real estate area as well as usages only one wall socket. It likewise conserves you cash as you do not have to buy a separate modem and router.
4. Utilize it as a LAN hub through the four wired Ethernet connections in addition to the cordless 802.11 b/g/n feature.