The Arris SB6141 is compatible with 9 of the 10 biggest cable television web companies in the United States. That is an exceptional variety of compatibility that couple of other cable television modems share. You can utilize the SB6141 on all 4 of the greatest cable business: Comcast, Time Warner Cable Television, Charter and Cox– so you can continue to use it if you change internet service providers in the future. The SB6141 uses a great balance in between ISP performance, design and compatibility.
This cable television modem includes 8 x 4 channel bonding, which suggests that it has 8 downstream information channels (for download) and four upstream data channels (for upload). This translates to an optimum theoretical download speed of 343 Mbps and an upload speed of 131 Mbps. These ready specifications for a standard modem, but if you require something a little faster, have a look at the Motorola MB7420.
The indication lights on the front consist of:
– Power: A thumbs-up indicates the modem is properly connected to power.
– Receive: A thumbs-up indicates a downstream channel connection. A blue light suggests a bonded downstream connection (high-speed connection).
– Send out: A green light indicates an upstream connection. A blue light suggests a bonded upstream connection (high-speed connection).
– Online: A green light shows web connection.
– Link: An amber light suggests a computer or router is connected to the Ethernet port and is operating in Ethernet or Quick Ethernet Mode. A blue light suggests a computer system or router is running in high-speed Gigabit Ethernet mode.
The SB6141 does not have a power button. What’s more, it doesn’t even have a reset button. This implies that you need to disconnect the SB6141 and after that plug it back in each time you want to reboot it. That said, few other cable television modems come with a power switch, either. The absence of a power button on the Arris modem is only a small inconvenience, to be sure, however it’s still worth considering.
Due to the fact that cable television modems are relatively simple gadgets, if yours works for the very first few weeks, then you probably do not have much to fret about for numerous years. You can contact technical assistance through email, but keep in mind that you might want to communicate with your internet supplier prior to calling the modem’s manufacturer. Normally, the issue lies with how your web provider interacts with your modem, not the modem itself.
The Arris Motorola SB6141 strikes an exceptional balance between design, efficiency and compatibility. While it does not have a few of the very best physical functions, like a power button, the SB6141 is a terrific option and will serve the majority of people well. The low operating temperature, high ISP compatibility and high speeds make the SB 6141 an excellent choice for a standard modem.
The SURFboard SB6141 is a cost effective, high-speed DOCSIS 3.0 Cable television Modem that provides you with 343 Mbps download speeds– perfect for things like streaming audio and video, sharing and downloading content. It supports IPv6– the most recent Web requirement and is compatible with significant U.S. Cable television service providers. The SURFboard SB6141 is simple to set up so you’ll be surfing in a matter of minutes.
Pros of the Motorola SB6141:
– Easy to set up
– It is now supports AES traffic file encryption for improve security
– Has a build-in internal filter to lower potential interference from MoCA signals’ inter-modulation beats
– Less expensive than its predecessors the Motorola SB6121 and Motorola SB6120
– Efficient in channel bonding approximately 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels
– Shares the very same firmware image as the extremely popular SB6121 and SB6120. This assists to reduce operator credentials time and eliminates configuration management issues for the ISPs