When you select an ARRIS SURFboard, you’re joining a 60-year tradition of innovation from the company that invented digital TV and brought wireless Web into the home with the very first cable TV modem entrance. The exact same business that the world’s leading service providers decide to link millions of people all over the world to the Web.
For owners of an out-of-date cable TV Internet gateway or for new cable Internet clients, the new Motorola SBG6782-AC Surfboard eXtreme Cable TV Modem would make a fantastic investment. This is the first modem-router combo device that’s equivalent to, as well as much better in many cases than, using a separate wi-fi and a standalone modem router. The brand-new device utilizes high-end hardware parts, and even has built-in support for MoCA (an Ethernet-Over-Coax standard), which is a fantastic bonus for those planning to broaden a wired house network using the existing coaxial cables that bring a TV signal to different spaces.
The Motorola SBG6782-AC offered combined, though total extremely great, performance as both a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and a high-end router. Its prolonged name, think it or not, can likewise trigger problem throughout the modem setup procedure.
ARRIS Surf Board SBG6782-AC WiFi Modem Entrance (Qualified Refurbished).
– This Licensed Refurbished product is manufacturer reconditioned, shows minimal or no wear, and includes all initial accessories plus a 90-day guarantee.
– DOCSIS 3.0 Cable TV Modem – Requires CABLE Web Service. If you are not sure of your service, please contact your CABLE TV company to verify. In reverse suitable to DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0.
– Suitable with ALL Major CABLE service providers such as Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright Home in addition to numerous others. Efficient in Web download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload accelerate to 131 Mbps based on your Cable TV provider service. Supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
– 802.11 Air Conditioning Wi-Fi Router supplies speeds up to 1750 Mbps. Dual-band concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5GHz (In reverse compatible with 802.11 b/g/n). 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router allows versatile, high-speed wired connectivity.
– Best-in-class RF resistance secures versus prospective service interference. MoCA networking (Ethernet Networking over Coax Cable).
On the back the Motorola SBG6782-AC has four Gigabit LAN ports for connecting wired customers and one coaxial F connector to link to a cable line-in. There’s no other WAN port, suggesting you cannot use this device as a standard router for other Internet services, such as DSL or satellite disk. The gadget does not have a USB port, either, so there’s no support for a USB printer or storage.
Nevertheless, it does exactly what it has to. With a standalone cable modem, you would need a separate router to offer Internet access to several gadgets, but with the Motorola SBG6782-AC, all you have to do is link the coaxial adapter to the cable TV line-in and your home network is pretty much ready. There are no other hardware devices required.
Since the coaxial port also supports MoCA, which is similar to a power line connection however utilizes coaxial TV cables instead of electrical circuitry, you simply need to get MoCA adapters at the backs to include more wired devices to the house network. This is a great method to expand a network for homes that are wired with TV cable televisions.
On the top the device has a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button that assists rapidly add WPS-enabled gadgets to its Wi-Fi networks. And on the front, there are the normal status lights that you can glimpse at to see how well the gadget is working.Share this